Saturday, March 9, 2024

CAFFEINE

 Hello Everyone,


It has been a difficult couple of weeks for me.  I have been suffering with my Gastroparesis a lot. My sleep has been disrupted because of it so when I get sleep I cherish that. 

I have a lot of negative impact on my eating and sleeping because of this condition.  Waking up very sick to my stomach and fighting the urge to vomit. I know that's TMI but it is also reality. Our guts are like our second brain. When I am sick I feel bad all over.  It has become difficult to eat even with my medication. 

I take Protonics for stomach acid and Reggalin to help with my stomach motility. Having nerve damage to my stomach is unfortunately a permanent condition. How I got this we are not for sure but it might be related to having been on pain meds for a long time. But like I said we are not sure.

I eat carnivore and that has been helpful but there are times when any kind of food will not sit well with me.  I do know from experience that if I were to eat high fiber and high carb food I would be up throwing up all night 100%.  I am currently eating OMAD as eating at all has been difficult.

I have discovered recently that eliminating caffeine has brought some relief for me.  I am not going to give up coffee but I switched to decaf and that has had a positive impact. This slow elimination of things is what has brought me to the way we eat now.

I understand that caffeine can impact other things in your body like increased heart rate, breathing insomnia and the big one for me nausea. I used to say that caffeine didn't affect my sleep but I will say Gastroparesis does. 

We see our doctor at the end of this month and I will have a frank conversation with her about what has been going on.  I am afraid that I might need to increase the dosage of my meds.  There are 4 levels of Gastroparesis and I am at level 2.  Praying that this does not advance.

Remember that Jesus is Lord, God is in control and only Him do we serve.

Rock on carnivores!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE RESULT'S ARE IN!!!!

Hello Everyone, I finally had my blood work done.  Today I am going to share with you the results of my cholesterol panel. I will show the c...