Sunday, March 3, 2024

REBOUNDING

 Hello Everyone,


I recently got a rebounder!!  What is that you ask?  It's a mini exercise trampoline
It's 40 inches wide and I got one with a handle bar since my balance isn't the best.  It is fun to bounce on and I am surprised at the workout you get.




This is the one we got but that's not me lol...  I couldn't get the image to transfer.  It wasn't hard to put together. I actually did it by myself. I did suffer much back and hip pain afterwards and was not able to walk the rest of the night due to my disability.  Those are the breaks but I did it!!


I just bounce on it without getting air under me and I walk on it only lifting my heels off the tramp.  My legs and bum really feel it after 10 minutes. I was surprised at how your heart goes up because you think that it's just bouncing but the G force and activity is really surprising.

NASA developed rebounding over 50 years ago to help astronauts recover bone density after returning from space. What NASA found was that 10 minutes of bouncing burns MORE calories than 30 minutes of running.

NASA also found the jumping provided the body benefited on the cellular level like your lymphatic system. This helps move toxins out of your body.  It also helps increase bone density and strength reducing the risk of osteoporosis. I like the sound of that.

Along with that comes improved physical strength, muscular development and balance. I need all the help with the balance I can get. Being a low impact exercise you have minimal impact on your joints.  I have read that it stimulated smaller stabilising muscles around our joints. 

Other areas that benefit from this are weight loss, lower blood pressure, and insulin sensitivity. I have seen my weight stall break this past week from using it a few days.  I have been down and out with my Gastroparesis but I am on the mend and getting back into it.  That said my weight is down to 182 lbs. That makes me 76 lbs down, whew hoo!!

I will report back more after having the opportunity to use it for a period of time.

Remember, Jesus is Lord, God is in control and only Him do we serve.

Rock on carnivores!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

THE RESULT'S ARE IN!!!!

Hello Everyone, I finally had my blood work done.  Today I am going to share with you the results of my cholesterol panel. I will show the c...