Monday, January 15, 2024

SUGAR!!

Hello Everyone,


Last time I talked about my why and my first step on my journey.  I gave up sugar.  I really thought this would be easy and that I would knock it out of the park.  WRONG!!!

At this time I was not yet a carnivore.  I was trying things out to see what would work for me.  I diligently kept sugar out of my diet.  I eliminated the usual suspects like candy, baked goods, breads and so forth. 

 I even gave up coffee and soda for a while and drank only water.  That did not last.  I focused on whole foods but like a lot of people I had my challenges.

After about two weeks of no sugar I experienced what I could only describe as withdrawals.  I was sitting at home working and all of the sudden I got uncontrollable shakes.  I felt sick and weak.  I immediately went to bed and stayed there for a good 24 hours.   I don't remember eating or drinking, I am sure I did and I soon was able to get back up and around.  I was slow for a day or two when I was back to normal.

I didn't realize that sugar was such a strong drug.  It's addictive powers are now clear to me.   Here all this time I thought I was in control but really sugar and processed foods controlled me.  How many people have fallen into the same trap?

At this time we were opening and running a food bank for our local area.  So, being busy was an understatement.  It was very rewarding and many people were helped .

Matthew 25:40 Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My Brethren, you did it to Me.

 Physically I couldn't keep up because of my limitations due to my disability.  After a year I had to hand it off.  Being around all the foods and baked goods were very tempting 

I had been sugar free for a couple of months when a kind volunteer brought in cookies for us to have.  I was not able to say no thank you so I ate one maybe two. 

 What a jolt my body and nervous system had to that sugar!!!   It felt like an electrical shock ran through me!!  I wonder if that is how drug addicts feel, I don't really want to know. 

I rocked on with my journey.  Struggling back and forth working diligently to beat my sugar and food addiction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE RESULT'S ARE IN!!!!

Hello Everyone, I finally had my blood work done.  Today I am going to share with you the results of my cholesterol panel. I will show the c...