Friday, January 12, 2024

THIS IS MY WHY.....

Hello everyone,  
                         
I am starting this blog to record my and my husbands journey to better health. I am not a medical professional, trainer or teacher. I am just one of many who have reclaimed their health eating carnivore. Let me start with where it all began.

I was a single Mom for a while before meeting my husband of 27 years. We raised 4 children together and now have 7 grandchildren. What a blessing!! 

It says in Psalm 127:3-5 Behold, children are a heritage from The Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of the warrior, so are the children of your youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full.

 Proverbs 17:16 Children's children are the crown of old men. So, as you can see we are full of blessings. 

I was a single Mom for a while and worked to support my family. The Lord provided me with a job in a factory that enabled me to feed, clothe and house our little family. After I met and married my husband I continued to work, as many couples do.

 The job I did was heavy manual labor in a tire factory.  I did not mind it as I was fit and healthy. Then in the year 2000 an accident occurred at work that changed me physically forever. I was hit in my back by a piece of equipment that weighted a few hundred pounds. The resulting injury left me with 3 back surgeries and permanent nerve damage. 

Now, don't fret for me I can still walk with the aide of a cane and live a good life. That job, obviously, came to an end. That was when my weight gain began.

 I slowly put on 100 pounds over the next 20 years. Oh, I did notice it and at times and tried to lose it but, to no avail. I explained it away saying it wasn't my fault. I can't get around or exercise like I used to.  

I even justified my over eating with "you live life once enjoy it". I let myself slip into complacency of how it is so I ignored my weight gain and went about my life.

 I was 38 when the injury occurred, My youth helped me with mobility and stamina. As time marched forward things began to change. Taking care of myself became more difficult. Getting in and out of a chair, climbing stairs and doing household chores were harder.

 My husband, who views me through the lens of love, never complained and was always there to lend a hand. He still is. Thank You Lord for being equally yoked with him.

In 2020 my health took a downward turn. I needed help getting up. I struggled with the bathroom, getting dressed and getting in and out of the car among other things. At this time I had turned 60 years old.

 We were sitting at our kitchen table and I was pondering my condition. I looked across the table at my husband a realized he was older too. He also gained weight and had underlying health issues. How could I expect him to be helping me move about as we both aged. I was being selfish all for food.

 I prayed to The Lord my God about it and decided to start with small changes. What change could I make that I would sustain?  For one, I decided to eliminate sugar from my diet. So, I started there and many changes followed.  

Follow along with our story about improving our health. It was easier than we thought and sustainable. The positive and quick health results surprised us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE RESULT'S ARE IN!!!!

Hello Everyone, I finally had my blood work done.  Today I am going to share with you the results of my cholesterol panel. I will show the c...