Wednesday, February 7, 2024

IT'S BEEN THREE YEARS!!

 Hello Everyone,


Today marks 3 years since I started this journey to lose weight and regain my mobility. I have had my ups and downs but overall I feel blessed and successful.  

I began this journey realizing that I needed a change if I wanted to age gracefully and enjoy what years The Lord has left for me on this earth before joining Him in heaven. Being able to be up and about with my loving husband, children and grandchildren is priceless.

Three years ago I realized how bad my situation was. I was 59 and losing my mobility. I weigh 258 pounds and could believe that I had gotten that far gone. I needed help getting out of a chair, in and out of the bath.  Standing and cooking was a struggle. Doing household tasks was very difficult.  I felt like I was losing parts of my life.  Thank you Lord that I now have them back.

The first year I lost 30 lbs. I began walking and could not walk far. I persisted and started to walk my neighbor's dog and by the end of that year I was walking 3-5 miles a day.  Because of my three level fusion and nerve damage I should only have been able to walk 1/2 mile.  

Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

The second year I lost another 20 lbs and continued to walk daily. 

The third year I have lost another 24 lbs. My disability has decided to try and bring me down .  Long walks have been difficult but I am walking 2 miles. 

Beside the weight loss there are a number of non scale victories.  Being able to bend up and down easily, doing housework, riding in a car, cooking and enjoy the fresh air outside and my husband's company. These are only a few victories.  Yes, they are victories when you have felt like a burden.  No more, I participate in life and not watch it go by.

 Now, 62 I went from 258 pounds to 184 pounds. That's 74 pounds gone!!  I went from a  2-3X shirt to a large.  I wore 22 pants and now wear size 13/14.  I have more to go but I am getting there. 




Jesus is Lord, God is in control and only Him do we serve.

Rock on Carnivores!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE RESULT'S ARE IN!!!!

Hello Everyone, I finally had my blood work done.  Today I am going to share with you the results of my cholesterol panel. I will show the c...