Saturday, February 10, 2024

EATING MEAT

Hello Everyone,


After my attempt at being vegan I decided to add meat back into the equation.  I listened to people like Dr. Ken Berry, Dr. Anthony Chaffee. Dr. Shawn Baker. Dr Jason Fung and many others before going all in on carnivore.

It was during the second year of my journey that I stopped eating other foods.  I thought that I could not live without peanut butter.  I still had it on a limited basis but it was my Achilles heel.  I really thought that I could keep on eating it and lose weight and I did but boy did it slow me down and I finally gave it up.

Going on an all meat diet was not as hard as I thought.  I had some aversion to red meat having been eating  a SAD diet for so long.  I had no idea how sugar and processed food would dull your tongue. Actually, I believe those foods kept me addicted to them and caused me to crave them and not healthy food. 

I went through strong withdrawals about 2 weeks into my diet change.  I actually had the shakes!!! I found myself crawling into bed so sick I thought something was really wrong.  After a couple of days I started to feel better.  I stayed on course and after a month my cravings slowed.  

Two years in and now I don't have those cravings. If I slip and eat corn chips or something those cravings all come flooding back. Some people can moderate.  They have no trouble eating just a little and walking away.  I am not that person and I am not alone. It's all or nothing with me so I choose nothing and I feel better for it. As long as I don't taste it I can abstain from it.

I begane carnivore with eating a lot of bacon and eggs.  Hamburger was also on the menu as was pork and chicken. I still keep a few hard boiled eggs on hand if I feel the need for a snack. 

I still feel into the mindset that boneless and skinless was the way to go as was low fat.  I have learned otherwise.  Saturated fat is not our enemy polyunsaturated fats are. Going meat based is going whole foods. Any time you eliminate sugar and carbs you will feel better. The thing is to track how you are responding. Better sleep, reduced inflammation, better focus and of course weight loss are some of the benefits I have experienced eating only meat.

My husband has also gone carnivore this year and the changes in him are amazing.  He used to be type 2 diabetic, used to have high cholesterol and his high blood pressure is reduced.  He also lost weight and the inflammation that has come off of him is amazing. last year he had to get his wedding ring cut off because his hands were so inflamed.  We got him one of those rubber wedding bands people are wearing now. Well, so much inflammation came off of him that the ring slipped right off his finger and is now big for him to wear.

Our doctor was very skeptical when I told her how I was eating. My first seven months in she wanted to check my cholesterol. She thought I was going to have a bad number but it actually came down.  After 2 years she is looking forward to taking my husband off of more medicine. He is off 4 of his 7 medicines. 

I will be getting my yearly blood work done this coming week and will share those numbers.  

Remember, Jesus is Lord God is in control and only Him do we serve.

Rock on carnivores!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE RESULT'S ARE IN!!!!

Hello Everyone, I finally had my blood work done.  Today I am going to share with you the results of my cholesterol panel. I will show the c...