Saturday, February 3, 2024

THE BEGINNING

Hello Everyone,


In February of 2021 I really started my journey. This is how it looked for me at the beginning.  I did a lot of research on different diets.  Now, many people don't like the word diet because it connotes diet culture. I like to think of it as different ways of eating because that is what a diet is the way you eat. 

There's a lot of talk about calories in and calories out. to lose weight you need to eat in a calorie deficit. That word DEFICIT sounds a little scary to me but that is what it takes to lose weight. Well, I was not sure what my caloric intake was then and I wasn't sure what it should look like.

Thanks to Google and BMI calculator I discovered that I was morbidly obese!!! Yikes!! My BMI was 41.6!!  It was a wake up call and a good one.  I was never over weight until my injury and I still thought of myself as that smaller person even though I could see in the mirror that I wasn't.  Funny how we trick ourselves into justifying the things we do. 

I came back to reality of my situation and purposed to change.  I was getting myself into a position of being a burden to others because of my weight gain that inhibited my mobility and inability to take very good care of myself or others.  The realization that I need to lose weight to get around and function became stronger than the need to "look good".  We all get our whys which push us to change and I got mine.

The first thing I did was get a free app to track my calories since I didn't have a good idea of what 1200 calories looked like. I didn't start my journey as a carnivore. At first I just began eating less and tracking what I was putting into my mouth. All the food was on the table then. I cut out sugar and processed foods.  What a positive impact that had.  

I lost 11 pounds in the first 2 months and my doctor was concerned that I was sick.  I laughed at that and said I lost it on purpose.  I guess she had gotten used to people not wanting to change and was pleasantly surprised. 

 Looking back I can see now how people just want the doctor to fix them with medication and go on their merry way.  I wanted to change that and I hope you do too.  There are those out there who have been overweight their entire lives and think that is how it is I can't change nor do they want to.  I am not talking about people with extreme situations that are a challenge to live with. But, then again I am also challenged and am making the change.  You really have to get your head in the right place to make the switch from unhealthy to healthy.

 Having always been an active person I know how freeing it is to not have the extra weight.  I remembered those days and am working on getting back to them.  Not to worry I am winning and getting my mobility and life back.

God Bless you all and remember that Jesus is Lord, God is in control and only Him do we serve.

Rock on Carnivores!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE RESULT'S ARE IN!!!!

Hello Everyone, I finally had my blood work done.  Today I am going to share with you the results of my cholesterol panel. I will show the c...