Wednesday, January 31, 2024

GETTING SERIOUS

 Hello Everyone,


 I talked previously about my weight loss and health journey starting in 2020. Well, that's not entirely true. I tried off and on cutting out sugar but never controlled my portions.  That pushed my weight up an additional 20 lbs.

I go see my doctor every three months because of being on pain management due to my disability.  In January of 2021 I couldn't believe that my weight had sky rocketed to 258 lbs!!!  How did this happen?  Was I really that lackadaisical about what I ate? Yes I was and I was in denial about it.  

Oh, I justified what I did. I can't walk very well so exercise was too hard, you only live once so eat the cake, my husband doesn't mind so enjoy yourself.  What a load of BS.  I had to get real and do it fast before I gained any more weight. 

We use to go out for lunch every Friday and get Mexican. We would have lunch and I ate the whole thing.  Then we would order a to-go plate for dinner so that I "didn't have to cook that night" blah!! I can't even imagine how many calories I was taking in and worse yet I let my husband do the same thing and he was type 2 diabetic, high blood pressure and high cholesterol!! We clearly had blinders on.

That weigh in at the doctor kept needling me and I started to pay attention to how much of my mobility I was losing.  Doing simple things was becoming hard like doing the dishes, cooking, getting in and out of the shower and going to the bathroom. It was really awful if I had to use a public restroom as I could not twist or bend very well at all.  I could not pick anything up if it fell on the floor.

 House cleaning was almost impossible. It would take me half a day to clean the bathroom and then I would be bed bound or in the recliner the rest of the day. Getting in and out of our vehicle was ruff to say the least.

I started watching videos about weight loss. I studied everything from portion control, veganism to finally a carnivore diet.  Some similarities I found between them all were cutting out processed food, sugar and not drinking your calories. I started with not drinking calories, cutting sugar and processed food.

February 7th 2021 was when I got serious and have never looked back.

God Bless you all.

Rock on carnivores!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE RESULT'S ARE IN!!!!

Hello Everyone, I finally had my blood work done.  Today I am going to share with you the results of my cholesterol panel. I will show the c...