Saturday, January 27, 2024

DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE

 Hello Everyone,


I talked in my last blog about eating off plan for my birthday and how the food affected me.  I thought that I would have lost the weight gain ( inflammation) by the end of the week.  I was well on my way than this happened....

Having had those treats awakened my cravings in my brain.  I was doing pretty good at first beating them back.  Then came Thursday. We had a full day of running around going to the doctor, tire store and the Jiffy Lube.  The Jiffy Lube would be my downfall for the week. 

Now how could Jiffy Lube be my downfall you ask?  It was the Sonic next door that got me.  Normally I would fast and not eat till we got home but it was almost 2 pm and my hubby was hungry so I said let's go.  It seemed harmless as we were waiting for our truck to be serviced.  I should have known better.  Actually, I did know better but ate there anyhow.

We each got a double bacon cheeseburger tater tots and a coke zero.  Like that coke zero made it better. At least it didn't hurt.  Now we did not sit there and eat the burgers only the tater tots.  We saved the burgers for dinner. I only ate 1400 cal that day but the scale showed 4 lbs up the next morning.  I knew I would have bloat and decided to step on the scale  anyway and face the music.

Cravings are a nasty little beast that fills your mind with you really want this or that.  Go ahead you already ate that  burger so might as well have other snacks too.  Temptations like to hold on to some of us like grim death.  I realize some people can deal with food cravings pretty well.  I am not one of them.  Now I feel like I need to white knuckle it through and stay a strict carnivore to get past these cravings.  

I find that staying away from carbs, sugar and processed foods quells the cravings and hot flashes.  Yep, I had some of those since I ate that burger and tater tots.  They always come at night and disrupt my sleep which in turn caused the inflammation to hang on.  

How do we get past the cravings?  First thing is to acknowledge that is what it is.  Am I really hungry or am I bored, mindless eating or bad habits.  We all have different ways of coping with cravings.  Don't have the food in the house that tempts you.  Drink water to fill you up better yet, eat a hard boiled egg or two with that water and it will fill you up. Take a walk do a craft ,call a friend.  Prayer is powerful.  

Jesus fasted in the desert for 40 days and nights when satan came and tempted him right away with food.  Now Jesus being The God the Son stood against satan and he could not prevail because He stood on the Word of God.  We can do that too.

1 Corinthians 10:13

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will  not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with temptation will also make the way of escape, that you maybe able to bear it.

Am I going to get past this? Yes!! Will I be tempted again. Absolutely!  Can I be an overcomer and not give in to temptation. With God as my Shepherd I can because He is faithful to make a way to escape it. 

God Bless you all and remember Jesus is Lord, God is in control and only Him do we serve.

Rock on Carnivores!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE RESULT'S ARE IN!!!!

Hello Everyone, I finally had my blood work done.  Today I am going to share with you the results of my cholesterol panel. I will show the c...