Wednesday, January 24, 2024

LET'S TALK ABOUT THE WEEKEND

 Hello Everyone,


This past weekend was my birthday !!  I want to talk about what I ate and how it negatively affected me. Yes, I gained a few pounds. by pounds I mean 5 lbs.

It might sound like I really pigged out for my birthday.  Actually, I didn't.  I had inflammation from the food I ate. What is inflammation?

Inflammation can be weight gain due to insulin resistance and leptin resistance. Inflammation can impair the body's ability to process insulin, which leads to higher glucose levels in the liver.  What can cause this process to happen.  The answer is simple sugar and carbohydrates.

Some people who are insulin resistant develop Type 2 diabetes or can be menopausal. Other things it can lead to are higher cortisol levels which can be linked to belly fat. Cortisol is a hormone that regulates stress response in your body. This can be useful for fight or flight but too much leads to weight gain.

Processed foods , sugars and carbs are a definite culprit for higher cortisol, inflammation and weight gain along with lack of sleep and exercise.

Back to what I ate this weekend.  I am or was down 74 lbs.  So, I thought I could have some cheat foods and be ok.  I really only had two cheat foods some corn chips and cashews.  The rest of the food was carnivore but I did have more dairy than usual. 

Now, I knew these foods would have a negative effect on me. So, why did I eat them? I wanted to. I did enjoy them and had a good birthday weekend.  Today I face the consequences of my actions. I gained 5 lbs!!!  

Sounds like I binged but I didn't. I am not shocked at being fluffy today.  I didn't even eat excess sugar or carbs.  Any carbs or sugars affect me like this. Everyone is affected differently by these foods.  Some people can eat 20-50 carbs and have no inflammation. Others can eat fruits and vegetables and have dairy and not react.  I am not one of those people.

How do I know that this is inflammation?  Experience with these foods and elimination diet like a carnivor has helped me to hash that information out. Being menopausal has made me sensitive to carbs and sugar. I have found, over the past 2 years that if I eliminate carbs and sugar my hot flashes greatly diminished.   Yes, I had night sweats from eating that food over the weekend. Not to mention my gastroparesis acting up.

I am back to strict carnivore and will lose that 5 lbs by the end of the week.  Do I regret eating those foods? Yes and no. No I enjoyed something I haven't had in a year. Yes because of the results and now it has stalled my weight loss for a week or two.  

I made a choice and now I have to live with it. Will I do it again? I like to think not but in a year I might say lets see what happens.  None of us are perfect but don't let that keep you from getting up and going forward.

Rock on carnivores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE RESULT'S ARE IN!!!!

Hello Everyone, I finally had my blood work done.  Today I am going to share with you the results of my cholesterol panel. I will show the c...