Sunday, February 18, 2024

INFLAMMATION

 Hello Everyone,


Today I am going to touch on the subject of inflammation. What is it and how it affected myself and my husband and how carnivore lifestyle is helping it.  You may find similarities between our experience and yours.

The definition of inflammation is: a localized physical condition in which part of the body becomes reddened, swollen, hot,and often painful, especially as a reaction to injury or infection.

That's a pretty complete definition but inflammation also affects the gut and weight fluctuation. Joint pain is another area of inflammation that many of us suffer with. Having had 3 back surgeries my  spine is often in pain.  This past year my husband experienced terrible knee and shoulder pain.

Last year I noticed my weight having big fluctuations of 2-4 lbs on different days.  I was counting my calories back then and couldn't account for this.  I knew I was not over eating and I was walking regularly. I felt like a 2-4 lb weight gain overnight didn't make sense to me since I tracked what I ate and how much to only lose it the next day or two. 

I started searching YouTube for other carnivores who experienced the same thing. My Zero Carb Life is an excellent channel ato follow. Kelly Hogan has been a carnivore for over 13 years and she is a coach who collaborated with other doctors and coaches. Go check her out .She has a wealth of knowledge. There are many others like Belle the steak and butter gal.

This is when I started to learn how food can cause inflammation in your body. I can show up as weight gain, swollen hands, feet and so on. 

I started tracking the what food I ate and how I felt and what the scale said the next day. I know that many people say weighing yourself daily is not good. This time it was because now I have working knowledge of the effects of different foods on me.

Now, food affects everybody differently. What you can eat I may not be able to and visa versa. I discovered that grains, sugars, all carbs and nuts inflamed me. Eliminating these foods led me to the carnivore diet. I believe this is the ultimate elimination diet.  As I started to remove foods I thought I just can't give up peanut butter. Well, I noticed big weight gain the days I had it. finally February 2022 I said ok no more peanut butter or anything else that's not meat based. 

Now I was in a stall at this time. Up and down even as much as 5 lbs overnight!! That month I dropped 7 lbs of pure inflammation.  I didn't change my calories just the type of calories I was eating.

My husband started carnivore this past year and so much inflammation came off of him that his wedding ring slipped right off his finger. Fortunately, he was in the house when that happened. He also noticed his knee pain greatly improved.

Give it a try. start eliminating processed foods and sugar and see if you experienced any benefits like we have.

Remember, Jesus is Lord, God is in control and only Him do we serve.

Rock on carnivores!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE RESULT'S ARE IN!!!!

Hello Everyone, I finally had my blood work done.  Today I am going to share with you the results of my cholesterol panel. I will show the c...